We are the ONLY CrossFit Affiliate on Fort Bragg, North Carolina. We are a military, non-profit affiliate, and are free to all active duty and retiree military, and to all DoD civilians. For general inquiries email us at Crossfittf89@gmail.com.
WOD times with coaches available are generally 0500-0600, and 1130-1245, mostly at Frederick Gym on Gruber Road (Smoke Bomb Hill). Our programmed days are Monday-Friday with Thursday typically being a recovery day. Check the almost daily post for specifics…or post in the comments if you want to meet up with someone at a different time or place. (Anyone is welcome to do the WOD whenever or where ever they want – the WOD times are when coaches will be available.)
“The Dave Hudson”
Founder of CF89
CrossFit’s main goal is to improve an athlete’s General Physical Preparedness (GPP). How is this measured?
One standard that CrossFit uses is the 10 General Physical Skills:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance: The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina: The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility: the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
- Power: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed: The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination: The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility: The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance: The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy: The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.